At The Matthew Arnold School we set very high standards of presentation and are proud of the way our students look in school, to and from school and when they represent the school on trips, sports fixtures etc. Students should be in full school uniform every day. Blazers should be worn at all times (including to and from school) unless permission is given for students to take them off. Shirts should be tucked in, buttons done up to the top, and the school tie worn correctly so that the school crest is clearly visible below the knot. Reminders are given in a cheerful and positive way, but students who fail to bring in items of uniform or who persistently wear uniform poorly will be given after-school detentions.
- Skirts must be the regulation skirt, available from our supplier, School Uniform Direct (SUD) in Staines. It has the school crest which is clearly visible when the skirt is worn correctly.
- Trousers must be tailored; fashion trousers, skinny or tight styles, leggings/jeggings, denim trousers etc will not be allowed. The school or SUD will be able to advise you if you are unsure.
- Blazers must be of the correct style and fit - again, please check if unsure - and display the school crest.
- School shoes must be black and able to be polished. Trainers (or footwear which is modelled on a trainer style), Vans (or similar brand shoes), plimsolls and boots are not acceptable. Clarks shoe shop in Staines has a range of styles which are suitable.
- Jewellery must be kept minimal to 1 small pair of stud earrings only, no rings, bracelets, necklaces or nose rings are permitted.
We are aware of the cost implications of school uniform, and are able to offer financial support to families who qualify with the purchase of uniform items as follows:
- Blazer and trousers or skirt
- Shoes and trousers or skirt
This support is offered per student on an annual basis. If you would like to make use of this, please contact the School Office on 01784 457275.