The four houses reflect the students’ pride in the school, with names taken from the four elements of our school crest: Crowns, Oaks, Swans and Swords.
|Mr Trendell - House Lead|
|Email Mr Trendell|
Our school crest links very closely to the history of Spelthorne and Staines communities with nods to the rich history and nature in the borough. You can find out more in the useful links below.
The current leader-board for 2022-2023 stands as follows with new champions..the Swans! Congratulations to all students for participating in extra-curricular activities, competitions and going above and beyond in their daily contribution to school life.
Current Leader-board 2022-2023 (updated half-termly)
Spring Half Term Leaderboard:
Autumn Half Term Leaderboard:
Things you can do to earn house points:
- Academic achievement
- Excellent effort
- Outstanding work
- Attendance to extra-curricular activities
- Helping others
- Positive attitude
- Representing the school.
What are the aims of the House System and elected House Captains?
- To provide a stronger school community, giving all staff and students a greater sense of belonging
- To work with students from all years, to create role models and cross-year relationships
- To provide opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- To recognise and reward students, creating a sense of achievement both inside and outside of the classroom
- To engage with the local community, increasing the relationships and developing partnerships with them, whilst working alongside different charities
- To offer regular opportunities to stretch and explore leadership, social and group working skills with all students.These opportunities include Literacy and Oracy, Mental Arithmetic, Charity Days, Sports Day, tutor quizzes, Art competitions, Bake Sales and Inter House Sports.
Students gain points for participating in extra-curricular activities, for representing the school in a club or team, receiving positives and postcards home and through their attendance to school. All points are then collated together in a drive to become House Champion and to collect the prestigious Matthew Arnold House Trophy at the end of the school year.
Extra Curricular Clubs
Spring Art Competition
Open to: All year groups
Deadline for entries: 27th March 2023
Winter Photography Competition
Christmas Card Art Competition