The four houses reflect the students’ pride in the school, with names taken from the four elements of our school crest: Crowns, Oaks, Swans and Swords.
The current leaderboard for Spring/Summer 2022 stands as follows with a new champions Swans taking 1st position. Congratulations to all students for participating in extra-curricular activities, competitions and going above and beyond in their daily contribution to school life.
The aims of the House System and elected House Captains are:
- To provide a stronger school community, giving all staff and students a greater sense of belonging
- To work with students from all years, to create role models and cross-year relationships
- To provide opportunities to develop social, intellectual, physical and practical skills
- To recognise and reward students, creating a sense of achievement both inside and outside of the classroom
- To engage with the local community, increasing the relationships and developing partnerships with them, whilst working alongside different charities
- To offer regular opportunities to stretch and explore leadership, social and group working skills with all students
These opportunities include Literacy and Oracy, Mental Arithmetic, Charity Day, Sports Day, Race 4 Life, Tutor quizzes, Bake off and Inter House Sports. Students gain points for participating in extra-curricular activities, for representing the school in a club or team, receiving positive pars and through their attendance to school. All points are then collated together in a drive to become House Champion and to collect the prestigious Matthew Arnold House Trophy.