|Mr Trendell - Trips & Visits Lead|
|Email Mr Trendell|
Value of 'The Matthew Arnold School' Trips & Visits:
We believe the benefits that school trips bring to your child’s unique learning journey make them an essential part of any all-round education. Matthew Arnold is committed to 'Learning without Borders' and ensuring that our young people know and do more. Every trip has a planned curriculum and careers link to strengthen imagination and enable our students to experience the world beyond the confines of school alone.
External Visitors at The Matthew Arnold School:
Additionally, we encourage outside speakers and groups to visit the school. Recently we have had experts in science, drama, music and history to discuss aspects of the wider curriculum and to deepen learning experiences in the classroom.
In recent years we have undertaken trips and visits to a wide variety of places in the local area, as well as in other parts of the UK and abroad. Some examples of trips and visits include:
- A variety of geography data collection fieldwork days for GCSE to Brighton and the local area
- Christmas Carol Trips with Staines Rotary Club
- Blood Brothers Workshop
- West End drama trips - Lion King, Grease, Six and Blood Brothers!
- History trip to Portsmouth Dockyards
- Holocaust memorial workshop
- A level conferences in London for geography, history, psychology, PE and physics
- Philosophy and ethics trip to Westminster Abbey.
- Strodes College Art trips
- Year 7 London Zoo trip
- Years 9-10 Eden Project
Letters and all relevant information related to trips and visits are sent to parents and guardians well in advance to allow time for payment and planning.