Our Early Career Teacher (ECT) Support Programme supports ECTs by providing professional development opportunities tailored to their agreed induction programme priorities and encourages them to make best use of their reduced timetable allowance (10% in the first year).
ECTs will benefit from a personalised programme having completed our self-evaluation tool, rating their confidence against each of the “Learn That…” statements from the Early Career Framework.
As an Early Career Teacher at Matthew Arnold, you will receive:
- A welcome social with new staff
- A dedicated, experienced mentor
- Timetabled mentor meetings
- The support of a professional tutor
- Weekly professional development meetings with your cohort
- Additional PPA compared to national average
- Additional 10% time to continue to reflect and improve, moving to 5% in your second year
- Partnership and MAT-wide centrally led CPD
- Opportunity to gain masters credits/MA in Education
- TLR3 responsibilities are available to ensure rapid career progression
- Progression onto an NQT+1 course
- Surrey Benefits Scheme