It is widely recognised that homework makes an important contribution to students’ progress. At The Matthew Arnold School, it is felt that work completed at home is an essential part of schoolwork. When homework is used properly, it extends the challenge open to the students and ensures that teaching time is used to maximum effect. It also prepares students gradually for the more independent demands of study as they mature.
We set homework for the following reasons:
- It encourages students to develop the skills, confidence, and self-motivation needed to study effectively on their own.
- It consolidates and reinforces knowledge and skills being developed at school.
- It extends school learning (for example, through additional reading).
- It sustains the involvement of parents in the management of students’ learning and keeps them in touch with what is happening in the classroom.
- · It helps students to develop their time-management and organisational skills.
- · It enables students to better manage the increasing demands placed on them as they get older and become young adults.
Here is where you will find your subject homework booklets each half term which can be accessed at any time and printed in the school LRC if you need a copy. You can also ask your teacher who will happily provide you a print out.
Year 7 Homework Booklets
Year 7 Computing Homework booklet
Year 7 Design Technology Homework booklet
Year 7 English Homework booklet
Year 7 Geography Homework booklet
Year 7 History Homework booklet
Year 7 Science Homework booklet
Year 8 Homework booklets
Year 8 Art Homework booklet
Year 8 Computing Homework booklet
Year 8 Design Technology Homework booklet
Year 8 English Homework booklet
Year 8 Geography Homework booklet
Year 8 History Homework booklet