In Performing Arts in years 7 & 8, students:
- Understand and demonstrate the basic social and group skills (listening, observation, concentration and co-operation)
- Work in mixed groups of various sizes. Develop negotiation skills and the ability to make decisions as part of a group
- Understand how the use of space, voice and movement can communicate specific or general meaning in drama
- Demonstrate that their ability to devise drama and create credible characters is developing over time.
- Structure drama which has a clear beginning, middle and end.
- Be able to use a variety of skills, such as still image, facial expressions and body language
- Be able to respond constructively to the work created by themselves and others
We are delighted that music is back on the curriculum!