Business Studies GCSE encourages students to be inspired, moved and challenged by following a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study and gain an insight into related sectors. The GCSE will prepare students to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career choices.
GCSE Business Studies enables students to:
- actively engage in the study of business and economics to develop as effective and independent students and as critical and reflective thinkers with enquiring minds
- use an enquiring, critical approach to distinguish fact and opinion, to build arguments and make informed judgements
- develop and apply their knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary issues in a range of local, national and global contexts
- appreciate the range of perspectives of different stakeholders in relation to business and economic activities
- consider the extent to which business and economic activity can be ethical and sustainable.